Saturday, June 27, 2009

A few firsts..

I saw a woodpecker the other day and it was awesome because about 20 people had passed it and I was walking slow and I stopped because the pecking almost sounded like a rhythm and I looked up to see a pretty little bird pecking away at a tree. Last night we did a lost camper search and as I was leaving one of the buildings I had just checked I almost stepped on a toad the size of my hand...and it's baby. It was awesome after my initial jump back to see that so close up.

On my way to walking to the break lodge I saw my first snake here. Kinda creepy but I guess they aren't poisonous.

I received my first call from Enea yesterday but sadly I was not in to take the call so I am just hoping everything with his family is okay in Albania.

I al going canoeing with my unit down a river in White Lake this afternoon. A little nervous but it should be pretty cool.

I am coming home for the first session break! YAY! the 12th-14th so I can't wait. I won't have signal on my phone til then so i am just working on coping with the idea right now. But I can't wait to see my family. Well time to head off to lunch. Where the vegetarian option is always safer than the stuff they call meat. haha

<3Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment